One of our new favorite pasta dinners as we start heading into spring! I love cherry tomatoes because they tend to still have plenty of flavor year round! Especially in a dish like this where we can get them in a hot skillet and they release all of their juicy goodness! This is kind of a lighter pasta dish. It's really fresh tasting, like a BLT of course just with pasta instead! It's not heavy on the sauce, but still nice and filling too. Plenty of juicy tomatoes, fresh onions, lots of garlic, and a nice pop of lemon juice make this one totally drool worthy! The onions are cooked in the bacon grease which adds tons of good flavor! The sauce basically comes from the cooked tomatoes and the lemon and then we add another layer of goodness with some parmesan cheese at the end! The best part of course is that this is a nice meal in one, and it comes together in only 30 minutes of total cook time! If you're now craving even more cherry tomato goodness, try out or Roasted TomatoPESTO面食很快！
PELT PASTA.Recipe Notes and Tips:
- We used linguine pasta for this recipe, but any long cut pasta will do! You can use spaghetti, angel hair pasta, or fettuccini as well.
- Use fresh onions for this recipe! I know some people like to swap with onion powder, but fresh is best here. You can use red, white, yellow, or even green onion! If using green onion for a more mild onion flavor, use the white parts to cook then the green parts for garnish.
- I used 6 slices of a nice thick cut bacon to test this recipe out. Any bacon you have will work fine, and feel free to make as many slices as you want in your pasta! You can even cook up a full pound if you like lots of meat!
- 8盎司Linguine or other long cut pasta
- 2Cups新鲜的婴儿菠菜roughly chopped
- 2茶匙Fresh Lemon Juice
- ½CupParmesan Cheese
- Fresh Parsley to garnishOptional
Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Reserve 1 tablespoon of rendered drippings and pour off the rest.
Saute onions until soft and beginning to brown. Add tomatoes and garlic and cook for about 2 minutes. Add the spinach to the skillet and cook until wilted, about 2 more minutes.
Sprinkle on the cheese and garnish with parsley.